Ever wondered what sorts of things make a property attractive to buyers? The following list can help you to determine if the property you're considering buying is likely to be bought for a premium - because it is so attractive to so many buyers.
- Mobile and internet reception: in today's life, these are seen as essential.
- Crime rates. People want to live in safe suburbs, particularly tenants who may feel limited in their ability to make their home safer.
- Trees. We chop them down at a rate of knots, but we actually value them for their inherent beauty, shade and the wildlife they attract.
- Public transport: people value being close to public transport. Note, this is close to, not next to. People generally like to be within a 10-minute walk of a train station, and a 2-3 minute walk of a bus stop.
- Cafes and restaurants. People love to be close to these. It's the ability to walk around the corner and grab a coffee, meet friends and be close to activity.
- Access to parks is an important one. With so many people having a furred friend, access to parks is important. See #3 above.
- Shops are important: proximity to, though, not right next to. People generally like their homes to be quiet, but close to hubs and activity.
- Close to work: people dislike being so far from work that they spend hours traveling each week. Being close to work is a huge bonus. See #4.
So, if the home you're viewing ticks a lot of these boxes, chances are it's going to sell quickly. If you want it - you need to act quickly and decisively. If you need a hand assessing due diligence on a property and negotiating the purchase, sing out. I'm here to help!